Success in business is all about survival of the fittest. The more uniquely you present your business in the marketplace, the higher are your chances of standing out from the crowd. SMS marketing is one of the best ways of beating the competition, and short codes service plays an important role in that.
SMS short codes are the five to six digit contact numbers that can be used to send promotional and business group SMS messages. These short codes give a distinct identity to your campaign. Moreover, being shorter than a normal telephone number, short codes are easy to remember and can represent your brand easily.
There are two kinds of short codes – shared and dedicated. As the name suggests, shared short codes can be shared among various brand campaigns and applications. While shared codes are cost-effective, they aren’t recommended for brands that want to establish a distinct identify for their campaign. Dedicated short codes, on the other hand, are solely owned by one company. There are a number of benefits of using dedicated short codes over shared short codes –
- All the keywords in the short code are yours to use. You don’t have to share them with other application owners.
- The call-to-action messages are clear.
- Being the sole owner of the code, you have full control over the message delivery, and can manage your customer database easily.
- Being dedicated code, only your brand can use it, which means that you can easily maintain your brand’s integrity.
- Customer interaction is easier in dedicated short codes.
Thus, if you want consumers to associate your brand with the code, go for dedicated short codes service and start sending group SMS to your subscribed customer database.This entry was posted in SMS, Uncategorized, sms provider and tagged messagemedia, short codes, sms gateway api, SMS gateway provider.